- Kirsty has started as our General Manager and is smashing it!
- Diana, Kirsty and I have just been to the Standon Calling music festival, hosting a mix of creative sessions with children and adults in their wellbeing area. There was pimp your denim, lino printing tote bags and creative hand lettering.
- It's now easier to see what is on when as we've put a proper calender on our website.
- A new Macramé class has launched after LOTS of requests.
- Creative hen parties are keeping our weekends busy and we've had some lovely companies like Tideway and Michael Palin Centre for Stammering Children come to the studio (we do discounts for public sector organisations, btw).
- Whilst on our way to host a creative off-site with Slalom, we got involved in the #extinctionrebellion march.
- Had our first members social!
- Had our 2nd Career Hustle Day with members of the M.Y.O Team. It's an opportunity for them to co-work from the studio, share tips and advice, set goals and get working on their creative careers (outside M.Y.O)!
- Our block printing event with Studio Bagru went down a storm.
- Our regular classes have been helping guests explore their creative side too, of course.
- We've also been to some weddings of M.Y.O friends and regulars - Sara & Alex Walker (Sara had her hen party in the studio), Liv and Alex Iltcheva and Andy & Caz Fishburn - huge congrats to you all and your weddings were all brilliant, thanks for having Diana and I!
- Farewell to M.Y.O textile legend Amy Williams who is moving to Yorkshire. She's helped host with all sorts of classes from lino to embroidery and been a true gem on the team - thank you for the support and we wish you all the best up norf.
- Superstar host Georgie Jones is heading off to Edinburgh Fringe for the month of August with her sketch comedy group Just These, Please. If you're up there, check them out!
- We discovered a great app called VidiCrew, which allows you to capture special occasions from the viewpoint of friends and family!
- We're on the lookout for a new pottery teacher, so drop us a message if interested.
- As you may know, being creative has a lot of mindfulness benefits as well as being fun, but there are lots of other ways, of course, to de-stress and get your mind and body healthier!
We've recently started working with Openmind Wellbeing. They're a great platform that delivers workplace-based (or remote, desk-side) yoga, meditation, mindfulness and creativity.
Sounds suitable for your company? We'll happily introduce you, just e-mail Hello@MYO.Place or mention M.Y.O if you get in touch with Ash (email@example.com).
- We've also launched a regular monthly Instagram competition - tag @MYOLondon and a friend in a picture of what you've made with us and be in with a chance to win 2 £30 gift vouchers - the entries have been flying in! If you've been to the studio ever, get tagging, winner announced for this month on August 1st!
- Sam wrote a more detailed blog on the business side of M.Y.O on his Medium account here.
- We ran an artist inspired World Emoji Day quiz on Instagram that went down a storm! Always keep an eye on the Insta stories.
- Oh, and very importantly - happy birthday to the amazing Diana too!
As always, big thanks to the M.Y.O Team for being so great, to our guests for coming to get creative with us and to all of you for spreading the M.Y.O word.