I’m now one month into my journey at M.Y.O and it has been EPIC! The time has absolutely flown by and I’ve learnt so much more than I imagined in the last four weeks.
Here are some of the highlights/achievements over the last 4 weeks:
- I hosted 5 classes! I absolutely love hosting classes. Helping people experiment and try something new is the best feeling. My sister even came along to a painted ceramics class last week!
- I helped host one off-site event at the Slalom offices. It was really interesting to see how we can make sessions work outside of the studio. And how much kit we need to take!
- I’ve started doing tonnes on the social media of M.Y.O. It's been great fun showing what’s happening in the studio and coming up with ideas. The emoji day artist inspired quiz went down well!
- I helped set the 6-month strategy for M.Y.O with Sam and Diana - exciting things coming!
- I learnt how to do hand-building pottery and made some cute little planters, before teaching a class on it myself!
- Sam and I accidentally joined the Extinction Rebellion march
- I implemented a new CRM system so we can have a better understanding of our customer base, Hubspot is what we ended up using.
- I met some M.Y.O members at the members social, where a few loyal customers came in to do t-shirts and tote design and gave us valuable feedback about things we can improve! I made a cat-themed tote.
- I hosted some sessions at Standon Calling festival with Diana and Sam. Also brought Tom (my almost-hubby) along for the ride. We had a lot of fun doing jazz denim and lino printing. Even the rain couldn’t dampen our spirits!
- I learnt Calligraphy in Polly’s class. I definitely need to keep practising but it so therapeutic.
That’s a quick rundown of what we’ve been up to! I’m having the time of my life and joining the M.Y.O team was the best decision I could have made. I’m so excited to see what the next few months brings!